December 7, 2010

What a weekend!



If you didn't notice, the last post was Pete's first! I woke up Saturday morning to the sound of the tap tap taps of his keyboard, and since all he really does on the computer is read stuff like the news, blogs about Lakers and Chargers, etc., I knew he was finally blogging! Great first post, Darling. :)

As he mentioned, we finally took our engagement photos. I can't speak for Pete, but it was so much more fun than I expected. I'd recommend hiring a professional photographer (specifically ours, Sara Gray) for any special occasion of yours. I normally don't feel comfortable having my photos taken and I thought this session was going to be awkward (you want me to kiss Peter in front of you?? Gross...), but Sara made it so easy and fun- we laughed SO much! At one point, she said something like, "Be serious! ...Okay, Steph looks like she's modeling, but Pete looks like he's about to shoot me." haha! Gosh, it was so much fun! We can't wait to show them to you! And we can't recommend Sara enough!

Unfortunately, because it was SO cold and windy on the day of our shoot, we had to scrap our other ideas, and just stuck with one outfit, and walking around the Pearl District. We did jump into Powell's for a couple photos, but we'll have to save our other ideas for our one-year anniversary pictures (included in our wedding photo package!). Seriously, Sara Gray is the sh!t.

Since we don't have our own photos to show you yet, look at these! The first is a "pillow fight club" engagement session. I love it! It's so silly and intimate. Having a pillow break and feathers fly everywhere isn't ideal for everyday situations, but for a love shoot, it's so romantic. Click on the link below the the image to check out other photos from this lovely couple.


photo via Beyond and Beyond


One of my favorite childhood stories was Alice in Wonderland. Does anyone else remember the Alice in Wonderland show on the Disney channel a long, long time ago?? I don't remember very much about it, but I do remember the Red Queen was a black lady, and the caterpillar was huge, green, and I think he was British... Well, anyway, this Wonderland shoot was beautiful. I don't think I can get Pete to dress up as the Mad Hatter, but wouldn't he look cute with crazy orange hair? :)


photo via Green Wedding Shoes


We finally have our tree up and decorated. I took Boba Christmas shopping over the weekend. He had $120 but about 20 people on his list he wanted to buy for. Somehow he still managed to get something thoughtful for everyone! That little boy is growing up so fast. Last night, he and I made our little countdown chains for Christmas. I had him write down one thing he was thankful for on every red link and something he'd like to wish for on every green link. One of his green links read, "I wish Chi Hai would let me fart in her room." He's such a silly boy with quite an infectious smile and laugh.






Hope you're all enjoying your week!

p.s. :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment