Pete and I have been so busy that neither of us have had the time to update our blog. Well, since last week, we got to take a look at our engagement photos. We're putting together our favorites for the guestbook, but we'll post some photos as soon as we get the digital proofs from Sara, our photographer. She's such a thrill to work with. When Pete and I first met her, we walked out of her apartment feeling like we had just spent the evening with an old friend. She has a real charm about her, and we absolutely adore her.
This evening really marked the beginning of the Christmas season for us. We went to our first holiday event for Boba's Cub Scouts. He started Cub Scouts this year with a few of his fellow classmates, and he loves every minute of it. I often feel bad for Boba since Khiem, Kiet, and I are so much older than him, but he's been able to make friends with such remarkable boys from his class. It's such a relief that the parents are amazing, too!
Here are a couple photos from tonight's Cub Scouts Christmas Party!
We wish you a Merry Christmas!

Boba and one of his best pals, KJ

The little siblings enjoying their brothers' performances.
(I'm in love with Elena's sense of style. Tie dye shirt with pink skort over blue pants!)

A gift from each scout to their parents
On our way out, I had to take a picture of one of Boba's works of art. Each student in his class painted a Georgia O'Keefe-esque picture. Most students did the normal pinkish flower with petals coming out in all sorts of different directions while, Khuyen, my AWESOME brother chose to be wildly unique. Here's a picture of his "Georgia O'Keefe" painting:

T-Rex!!
I felt so proud to be the sister of this little man. He pretty much said, "Screw you, O'Keefe, and your feminine part analogies... I'm a boy! ROAR!" I especially love how it appears he may have forgotten the 'u' in his name. He's so special. :)
Anyway, after sitting through little boys and girls screams, Pete had to mentally prepare himself for the second game of his corporate basketball game. Last week, they played pretty sloppy, but ended up winning. This week, they played so hard but couldn't overcome the zone defense, and lost. Pete even banked a three- it was so much fun to watch! Go First Tech Credits GO!! (Banking nerds...)

#17 for Phillip Rivers!
Look who took a break from the North Pole to come ref Pete's game!!

"Sorry, I bank with OnPoint."
All in all, it was a very refreshing evening. I hope you're all doing well, and that you're keeping dry and warm. I really enjoy this blog. I especially love when you guys text, email, or call me about it after you read a post. Or when you refer to one of our posts when we talk in person. If there's anything you'd like to see/read more of, let us know and we'll do our best to include it. Ask and you shall (most likely) receive.
Now, it's time for bed.
p.s. :) :)


is that a costco red velvet cake?!
ReplyDeleteIt's actually from Fred Meyer, but the Costco cake is delicious!! When you come home, we'll take you to Cupcake Jones. They have the BEST red velvet cupcake.
ReplyDelete