TO JESSICA!

photo by Anya Richardson
Dear Jessica, I know you like pigs, and I'm not so sure you've ever played Angry Birds, but it's one of the most addicting games ever and someone made a cake of it! Now that I think about it, though, maybe this wasn't the perfect image for you seeing how the point of the game is to blow up and destroy the pigs... Anyhow, it was a cool looking cake- ignore the TNT. Happy birthday!!!
Also, happy birthday (tomorrow)...
TO MAYUKO!
There's no cake of him, but hopefully this will suffice! I know he's your favorite right now. haha
So many birthdays this month. Sheesh! Two out of five of our brideswomen have back-to-back birthdays!! Happy birthdays, ladies! I wish you the happiest of birthdays this year! xoxo
Today, my parents took me to choose my wedding gift, and let me tell you, this whole wedding thing is really turning me into a girl! I have never been the girly-girl type, but I'm finding I am getting more and more giddy about things like jewelry and makeup- which was never the case before the whole wedding planning thing. It's your fault, Peter. :) Anyhow, I chose a pearl necklace and earring set that was just gorgeous, and something I'd be able to pass down to my children/grandchildren.
That's something I wish I had for my wedding day. Let me tell you a story. It's one that makes me so proud of my parents, but also one I sometimes wish had a different ending. My parents were fairly young when my mom was pregnant with me. They were newlyweds, inexperienced, financially unstable, without college degrees, and my dad worked two jobs while trying to go to school. Needless to say, things weren't always so blissful. Then, on May 1, 1986, after hours of labor came ME! On the day my mom gave birth to me, my dad gave her a pearl necklace as a gift. Had she kept it, that necklace would have been passed down to me on my wedding day, but because they were struggling financially, she had him return it so they could afford diapers and food for me- Lord knows I'm not cheap to feed. What woman in her right mind would force her man to return jewelry?? Let me tell you... a practical woman who thinks more for her family than she does herself.
When I went in today to look for my wedding gift, I saw the set my parents almost bought for me. They almost chose a string of pearls that was beautiful but it was in the thousands of dollars range. I knew which one I wanted, though. I chose one that resembled a pearl necklace my mom had at home that I always admired when I was a little girl. The one she had was more like costume jewelry, though, so it wasn't something she could pass down, so I knew this was the one. I look at this not only as a brand new gift from my parents, but also one I know they wish they could have passed down to me had their circumstances 24 years ago been different. I am so fortunate. Very, very fortunate. And so are they- I saved them SO much money! Haha!
This wedding planning business has made me into a weepy little girl who gets excited and giddy over the smallest details! Take for instance today, Pete and I went into Express to look for more hair accessories for our brideswomen, but we found instead yellow and gray argyle socks. They were EXACTLY what we were looking for. As we were paying for them, I had to fight back tears because I was just so happy- about everything! I'm ridiculous, I know. Not to mention, when Pete's parents showed me the GORGEOUS gift they got for me, I couldn't fight the tears and they just kept rolling! I feel like the luckiest girl on this entire planet, and it's not because of all these amazing gifts, or socks, but because I have so much love in my life. Where would we be but without love?
I'm so sappy. I'm going to stop now before I start oozing cheese (because I'm so cheesy... get it?)
Before I forget, would anyone be opposed to putting a thumbprint on a guestbook-tree? Just wondering...
Love you all. Seriously.
p.s. :):)
Also, happy birthday (tomorrow)...
TO MAYUKO!
There's no cake of him, but hopefully this will suffice! I know he's your favorite right now. haha
So many birthdays this month. Sheesh! Two out of five of our brideswomen have back-to-back birthdays!! Happy birthdays, ladies! I wish you the happiest of birthdays this year! xoxo
Today, my parents took me to choose my wedding gift, and let me tell you, this whole wedding thing is really turning me into a girl! I have never been the girly-girl type, but I'm finding I am getting more and more giddy about things like jewelry and makeup- which was never the case before the whole wedding planning thing. It's your fault, Peter. :) Anyhow, I chose a pearl necklace and earring set that was just gorgeous, and something I'd be able to pass down to my children/grandchildren.
That's something I wish I had for my wedding day. Let me tell you a story. It's one that makes me so proud of my parents, but also one I sometimes wish had a different ending. My parents were fairly young when my mom was pregnant with me. They were newlyweds, inexperienced, financially unstable, without college degrees, and my dad worked two jobs while trying to go to school. Needless to say, things weren't always so blissful. Then, on May 1, 1986, after hours of labor came ME! On the day my mom gave birth to me, my dad gave her a pearl necklace as a gift. Had she kept it, that necklace would have been passed down to me on my wedding day, but because they were struggling financially, she had him return it so they could afford diapers and food for me- Lord knows I'm not cheap to feed. What woman in her right mind would force her man to return jewelry?? Let me tell you... a practical woman who thinks more for her family than she does herself.
When I went in today to look for my wedding gift, I saw the set my parents almost bought for me. They almost chose a string of pearls that was beautiful but it was in the thousands of dollars range. I knew which one I wanted, though. I chose one that resembled a pearl necklace my mom had at home that I always admired when I was a little girl. The one she had was more like costume jewelry, though, so it wasn't something she could pass down, so I knew this was the one. I look at this not only as a brand new gift from my parents, but also one I know they wish they could have passed down to me had their circumstances 24 years ago been different. I am so fortunate. Very, very fortunate. And so are they- I saved them SO much money! Haha!
This wedding planning business has made me into a weepy little girl who gets excited and giddy over the smallest details! Take for instance today, Pete and I went into Express to look for more hair accessories for our brideswomen, but we found instead yellow and gray argyle socks. They were EXACTLY what we were looking for. As we were paying for them, I had to fight back tears because I was just so happy- about everything! I'm ridiculous, I know. Not to mention, when Pete's parents showed me the GORGEOUS gift they got for me, I couldn't fight the tears and they just kept rolling! I feel like the luckiest girl on this entire planet, and it's not because of all these amazing gifts, or socks, but because I have so much love in my life. Where would we be but without love?
I'm so sappy. I'm going to stop now before I start oozing cheese (because I'm so cheesy... get it?)
Before I forget, would anyone be opposed to putting a thumbprint on a guestbook-tree? Just wondering...
Love you all. Seriously.
p.s. :):)


Will you be using our thumbprint against one day if it ever arise?
ReplyDeleteStephi seeing you so happy makes me happy and excited for you! Pete welcome to the family... Hope you know what you're in for! ;)
ReplyDeleteThank you for the cake!! (insert chant - heo's stick together! Pete, feel free to join in anytime) And why ignore the TNT?? I kind of like it...
ReplyDeleteAnd to the thumb print guest book, i say thumbs up!