February 2, 2011

La dee dah

Invitations are mostly addressed and stamped. There are only 86 days until Pete and I get married. 86! Like Hines Ward (Go Steelers)! As days continue to pass, it has become so apparent to us that there is SO much to do. Luckily, we found a few things online that is really going to help us out on some of our projects and let us relax a little bit. I'm telling you, eBay is your best friend when you're planning a wedding with 200+ guests.

Anyhow, I have my second dress fitting next Tuesday, and last week, I found out that Vera Wang is coming out with a more affordable wedding dress line at David's Bridal on February 11! I secretly want to go in to try these dresses on just for fun, but it seems a little crazy to do that- even for me. There's something very magical about Vera Wang's wedding dresses- so romantic and whimsical. I just can't get enough, and I'm so happy she made a line that us mere mortals can afford. Check out these two dresses below. I love love love the veil in the second photo. My aunt is making my veil for me, and I may need to show her that image. I want to be swallowed up by tons and tons of soft flowy tulle- is that weird? Oh, so gorgeous. I am not girly, but I am a romantic, and there's nothing more romantic to me than lace and tulle.

*Sigh* I love you, Vera Wang. Speaking of love... the one good thing that comes out of Valentine's Day is that this is when all the fun "love" decor comes out. I walked through Target a few days ago, and there are aisles and aisles of love. Here's an idea I found off The Knotty Bride that was so cute! I may need to do this for Pete and my straws at the wedding.


photo via The Knotty Bride

Gosh, with time dwindling down, I'm starting to get more and more nervous. If you know me, you know that standing in front of tons of people (aka more than one person) makes me want to curl up into a ball and roll away. Even just sitting here typing out how nervous I'm going to be is making my palms sweaty, and my heart race. Sheeeesh.

This is fun though. One of my favorite blogs, Whimsical Wonderland Weddings, featured a British wedding today, and the bride and groom drove away in their Mini Cooper! Diego, our Mini is currently wearing a layer of dust and dirt from all the rain, but we'll definitely get him washed and polished for the wedding. Yes, my dress will fit in the Mini. I haven't tested it out yet, but my dress isn't fussy enough to really worry about whether or not I'll fit into the car. If my aunt makes the veil I'm hoping for, it'd be a different story. I'll still fit into the car but it'll take some strategic maneuvering to get me into the car.




I just wanted to say, on behalf of Peter and myself, that we really appreciate you reading our blog. It's so much fun (for me anyway) to talk to people in the real world and have them talk about this and that from the blog. I hope that you feel connected to us as we go through the planning process of what will be one of the happiest days of our lives. We understand that not everyone can attend our wedding, but know that with every laugh, hug, kiss, and tequila shot, we'll be thinking about you!

That means you, Guzmans! We're so bummed you guys can't make it, but I think we've all agreed the blame is (as always) on Pete. :)

Today is New Year's Eve of the Lunar New Year. We wish your family love, happiness, good health, and prosperity!


p.s. :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment