I didn't originally have this hotel on the previous lists because, simply put, I forgot about it. It really is shame on me, though, because this has to be one of the raddest (do people still say this?) hotels in all of Portland. It's vintage, modern, bohemian, and ULTRA Eco-friendly - everything I love about Portland. The best part? They offer FREE bike rentals to get around the city!! Right next door is Clyde Common, a top ranked restaurant frequented by the hippest of hipsters. If you enjoy coffee, Stumptown is highly praised in Portland.
The Ace Hotel is not only amazing on the inside, but on the outside, it is a mere 30ish steps from the biggest independent bookstore (and my second home when I was in college) in the nation, Powell's Bookstore. Okay, I don't know for sure if it's 30 steps, but I swear it's closeby. If I could recommend any hotel to you, Friends, it would be the Ace Hotel. It is in the prime location for experiencing what's best about Portland. Also, with the right shoes on, it's definitely within walking distance of the reception venue. You'd still need to take the street car and walk to the church or you can hail a cab- up to you.
The bars are everywhere, and restaurants in this area are even better than in downtown Portland. Henry's Tavern is a block up from the hotel and has the BEST bacon Mac and Cheese EVER (and I know Mac and Cheese)! Roxy's is a diner that stays open 24 hours and is also just a few blocks from this hotel in case you get those late night munchies. If you get bored, I'm telling you, walk over to Powell's. You'll find out why it's called the City of Books. I've been in there countless times and I still get lost. If Powell's doesn't tickle your fancy, take the street car to NW 23rd and shop, eat, drink, etc.
Basically, I highly recommend this hotel. I've never walked through it, but I've seen so many pictures of weddings taking place here, and also I've read so many blogs about how fantastically different and quirky this hotel is. It's not for everyone though. I think that it's definitely geared more towards the 20-30something-year-olds. It's not the newest of buildings but the Ace Hotel itself is relatively new. Take a look at the pictures, and you'll know right off the bat if this hotel is for you.
I hope this answers your question, Francis. I'm a little incoherent right now because it's rather late and I've been addressing invitations all day. The Ace Hotel reminds me A LOT of The Good Hotel in San Francisco we all stayed at a few years back. You should definitely stay here and the Jetsetter deal just can't be beat, but unfortunately it doesn't run through April. I think rooms normally start at $150/night.
This picture is my favorite of the ones I've looked through. No two rooms are the same and the original artwork isn't always this simple either. Seriously, take a look at the site. http://acehotel.com/portland.
all photos via acehotel.com
Okay, I'm going to bed. Good night!
p.s. :):)



No comments:
Post a Comment