Peter's entire family came up to visit, and it was SO much fun to have everyone together. I miss them all already! Pete and I were able to show our parents the inside of Saint Patrick's and they loved it just as much as we did! We also went to a tasting with our caterer, and we got some really helpful insights that we'll definitely try to incorporate into our wedding (except fried rice, sorry Daddy!).
All in all, it was a fantastic weekend. Here are a few of my favorite photos from our Thanksgiving feast. Most of the photos are of Chom Chom, but I'm not apologizing because he is just too darn cute not to photograph. I will, however, apologize for the quality of the photos. First, I haven't edited any of them, and second, I don't know how to use Peter's expensive camera yet. Check them out!
Chi Trang and Chom Chom:

1to50 and Cut the Rope were the popular games of the evening. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Victor got the high score (lowest time) with 30 seconds. Here's a photo of Cau Cuong trying to beat his score, and below him is Chi Huong and Evan playing Cut the Rope.


The Huys:


2/3 of my mom's sisters, Ma Hai and Di Lan

My wonderful future in-laws!

Our parents!

Kiet, goofy as always.

Here's Chom Chom about to get into Mo Thuy's tools:


And so did the little feet:

I'm pretty sure this was before all the vodka/beer shots:

Yes, even these photos were before ANY alcohol:
Chi Trang

Charlie:

Khoa, the newest addition to the clan, is thinking, "Pete doesn't know what he's getting himself into. Sucka!" Muahahahaha

And so it began...




Pete's youngest brother, David, lookin' sharp.


I'm not entirely sure what's happening here...
Chinaman:

Pete and his younger brother, Mike. Awesome photo!

Khiem tried to eat the tangerine peels after realizing he was peeling too slowly, and was losing at his own game.

Khoa couldn't defeat Anh Chi either.

Out came slap Jack:

That's right, start 'em young...

With all the food, drinks, and nails, we didn't forget the most important thing about sharing the holidays with family and friends. There is always so much love, laughter, and happiness when we're together. That's definitely what I'm most thankful for: LOVE. Look at all the smiles on these beautiful faces.
iPad says: "Bieber lover 4eva"












Even with all the smiles and laughter, it was inevitable there would be a casualty...

...or two...

...or three...

Thanksgiving weekend ended with the usual bingo, where Nhat Ha dominated as always, and everyone eventually gave up on winning their money back from her.

A HUGE thank you to Ma Hai and Duong Van for always hosting such a wonderful Thanksgiving year after year. We'll miss you next year while you're enjoying your vacation in Viet Nam!

It's Ba Ngoai's birthday today. I miss her most around this time of the year, but I can tell she's always here. (Yeah, that's right, I rhymed.) Pete and I are very fortunate to have such loving people in our lives. It's easy to overlook what you have, but we aren't willing to wait until it's gone before we appreciate everything and everyone. We wouldn't be who we are today without the power of love- your love. So we thank you. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you thank you!
p.s. :):)









Steph.....i was fine until I read the part about Grandma's bday....I got cried! And I'm at work! I miss her too. Love you Grandma!oxoxoxoxox
ReplyDeleteThao
Dang it...should proof read first. I meant "i cried" not "got cried"! hahahaha
ReplyDeleteI agree with Thao... got teary eyed at the end with the comment about grandma. But I know she is watching down on us every day.
ReplyDeletegreat pictures and comments by the way Steph
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comments, ladies!
ReplyDeleteChi Thao, "I got cried" made me giggle! You're so cute! Your pregnancy can make you all crazy- remember when Chi Mary was pregnant? I forget what the joke was, but it was from one of the long email chats we all used to do.
Anyhow, I miss Grandma a lot too, but I can't help but feel so grateful she lives on in each of us. Every smile, laugh, hug, etc. is clearly her doing. She's amazing, and we're so lucky to have her blood running through our veins.
Here's a virtual hug from me to you both ::hug::