April 12, 2011

HOW MANY DAYS LEFT?!


Yes, it's true. There are only 18 days left until Pete and I get married!! We have a couple last minute projects we have to finish, and one project I'm still not sure I want to take on. It'll be a nice surprise if I get to it though.

This week, Pete and I are going to get our marriage certificate, and start writing out our name cards for guests. I made a test card already! Take a look:


YUP! We put a bird (actually 3) on it!! The birdie on the left represents YOU and the two on the right represent Peter and myself. We got the cards from Craft Warehouse for $0.79 for 50 cards and the string was $2.39 for 300 yards The paper cutter was $11.99 (and believe you me, I'll be using it to put birds on EVERYTHING I can!). We ALMOST ended up ordering some kraft hang tags online for much more than the $0.79 for 50, so this is awesome. We just needed to be a little bit creative. What do you think? The tags will be strung and tied around the mouth of mason jars set at each table as your drinking cup. Afterwards, the mason jar is for you to take home. PLEASE: if you don't want to re-use your mason cups, let us know, and we'd be more than happy to take it home with us. There's a lot you can do with them (ie store nuoc mam, kim chi, jam, etc.), but we can take it off your hands if you'd prefer. This is the look we're going for:

photo via Mon Tresor

In other news, we've almost contacted everyone who hasn't RSVP'd. We found that some guests didn't receive their invitations, and for that, we are SO SO SO sorry. Having so many family members who work for USPS, I can't exactly knock it, but there was a lot of frustration when we found out that more than a handful of invitations were lost. So again, we are so sorry to our family and friends who either received their invitations late or not at all. Please know that we genuinely wanted you to be with us on our day. We didn't invite anyone because we "had to" but because you have somehow impacted our lives. We can't speak for our parents, but I'm sure they felt the same way when they invited their guests. All in all, we're sad some of our loved ones can't be here with us, but we are just SO stoked to see and celebrate with everyone who can! Yay!


So I know this is an abrupt change of subject but one of my favorite football players is on one of my [secret] favorite shows! Dancing with the Stars!! I'm not a Steelers fan per se, I'm just a huge Hines Ward fan, and I think you should all tune in on Monday and Tuesday nights (or watch on Hulu.com like I do) to watch his performances. If Pete and I had more time, MAYBE we would have taken a dance class and have a choreographed dance as our first dance, but alas...

Anyhow, there's a lot of work to be done, but I promise we'll give you a better post soon. There are a lot of projects we still need to get done. Next time, I want to do a post about the things you can do in Portland the weekend of the wedding- food, shows, tax-free shopping, etc. Mike (Pete's younger brother) is fortunate to come in a week early and therefore gets to experience EAT MOBILE! I'll be sure to look out for events going on during the weekend you're all here. There's still the concert we're seeing on Sunday. Tickets are available online at ticketmaster.com OR you can gamble and get tickets at the door. The venue is pretty small, so I wouldn't take the chance of waiting, but it's totally up to you!

Until next time.

p.s. :):)

1 comment:

  1. I think it will be pretty cold if we hang the tags around the mouth of mason jars with person name on it (but it seems more work for you sweetie)...no one can't use your cup (it has identify unless...)??? I will helping you to do it when I'm up there...

    ReplyDelete