Thank you for everyone's well-wishes for my uncle. I don't know how you all found out, but I appreciate the thoughts and prayers as I know his wife and girls do as well. You'll be happy to know he's recovering very well and is now cancer free. YIPPEE!
A quick update on the wedding planning: We've hashed out a first draft of the schedule of the day-of and our florists/coordinators at Punch have been so amazing with the design. They are truly so creative. One of these days, we'll just have to post about all of our vendors. We've been so lucky to get to work with such creative minds.
Thanks to everyone who kept an eye out for the bow ties for our groomsmen. My lovely cousin in San Francisco, Chi Linh, has graciously offered to MAKE all the bow ties and Pete's tie for us. I wish I could show you guys her mock up, but it'll be more fun as a surprise. For those who can't make it to the wedding, we'll be sure to post lots of pictures, don't worry!
The only other update is that we finally have a wedding singer and organist for our ceremony! Yay! She's actually the regular singer during mass at St. Patrick's so we didn't have to look that hard. It was just a matter of contacting her and making sure she was available. We haven't met our organist, but her last name is Goodenough (true story), so I'm sure she'll be wonderful.
This past weekend, my darling bridesmaids, Charlie, Mayuko, and Danielle planned an amazing bridal shower. Danielle moved down to California a couple days before the shower, and if I was good with technology, I'd crop her into this picture, but I'm not and therefore I posted a picture of us from when she visited me in California instead.
And because no one was in charge of picture-taking, we all forgot about taking a group picture. I'm so sorry we missed like half of the people who came! I wish I could photoshop you in, but I don't know how!! Nonetheless, I so appreciate you gals coming from all sorts of different directions to help me celebrate my soon-to-be marriage to Pete. Like I posted on my facebook wall, I seriously felt like a hippie all day just being high off all the love. I was blown away by how loved I truly felt that day. I am SO excited for the wedding now. Not that I wasn't before, but more now because I know I'll have the best people there to celebrate with me (and Pete). :)

Thank you Isabelle for taking this group photo! :)
My bridal shower wasn't the only party this weekend. Pete's entourage threw him what has been described as "an EPIC bachelor party." I know it's like a cardinal sin for me to know anything that happened during his weekend, but from what little they've told me, I am SO jealous of what they were able to experience. For roughly half a second, I wished I was a boy so I could have been at his bachelor party. Anyhow, I'll let him expand on his party if he so chooses. All I have to say is... The Veteran better effing come to our wedding or I will be thoroughly disappointed in all 13 of you who were there. No lie.
In other news, Dame Elizabeth Taylor passed away last night. You really can't think of marriage and not think of one of the most stunning and beautiful woman to ever walk this planet. She was a strong and confident woman who was simply addicted to love. I've read two of her biographies, and both times, I was left in awe of her compassion for humanity. She knew exactly who she was- violet eyes and all- and she was proud. What an iconic and extraordinary human being.

In other news, Dame Elizabeth Taylor passed away last night. You really can't think of marriage and not think of one of the most stunning and beautiful woman to ever walk this planet. She was a strong and confident woman who was simply addicted to love. I've read two of her biographies, and both times, I was left in awe of her compassion for humanity. She knew exactly who she was- violet eyes and all- and she was proud. What an iconic and extraordinary human being.

"I don't entirely approve of some of the things I've done, or am, or have been. But I'm me. God knows, I'm me."
"I call upon you to draw from the depths of your being to prove that we are a human race, to prove that our love outweighs our need to hate, that our compassion is more compelling than our need to blame."
p.s. :):)
"I call upon you to draw from the depths of your being to prove that we are a human race, to prove that our love outweighs our need to hate, that our compassion is more compelling than our need to blame."
-Elizabeth Taylor
So much love to you from us.p.s. :):)



Mission accepted. If Johnny AKA The Veteran does not show up for the wedding, then I fail in life and all things.
ReplyDelete