Wouldn't it be fun if it snows on the wedding day? What's that you say? Why would it snow in April/May? Oh, because that's Oregon weather for you- VERY unpredictable. Now might be the time in California when the umbrellas go on sale since your "Winter" is practically over so you may want to invest in an umbrella just in case. Up here, April showers bring May showers. No, that was not a typo.
Anyway, it's been kind of a busy week for us, but the crazy weather has plagued so many with the common cold. I was scheduled for my second fitting last Monday, but Anna was sick so we had to reschedule. I'm really excited to see how the alterations turn out. My dress, in its natural form, is kind of poofy so I asked Anna to take out a couple layers to let it flow more and she's also changing the neckline from straight across to a sweetheart. I'm also bustling (is that the term?) my dress after the ceremony so Anna put in 5 bustles (again, I don't know the correct term for this... essentially, she's pinning the train of my dress up so it doesn't get dragged around everywhere). I wish I could show you all pictures of my dress but a certain SOMEONE is supposed to be surprised, so everyone else has to wait too. I have to say, the dress I chose is a lot less... bohemian than I thought I would get. I think if my mom wasn't with me, I would have ended up looking like a major hippie at the wedding- which I would have been completely happy with, but Pete and my mom, not so much. haha. I'm glad I'll be looking more refined, though, so it's all good!
Have you guys been watching the show Portlandia??? It's on IFC (Independent Film Channel) every Friday at 10:30pm. If you haven't, you must. Anyway, there's a sketch about these two people who went into a shop to spruce up the products. In doing so, they simply "put a bird on it." They said something like, "in Portland, you can put a bird on something and call it art" and it's SO true! I don't know why, but I'm very attracted to anything with a bird on it. So now when I see anything with a bird on it, I ALWAYS say "put a bird on it" out loud, and I'm sure Pete thinks I'm crazy. Even our wedding invitations... "put a bird on it!" Okay, you think I'm crazy too- you need to watch it,: click here or you can just go to youtube yourself and type in "put a bird on it." The show itself isn't for everyone. Pete isn't too fond of it and even though he sits and watches it with me, I laugh out loud by myself the entire time while he's on his iPhone probably tweeting about the ridiculousness that is Portlandia. Just watch it, you'll see what I mean. Carrie Brownstein is from Portland too- woop woop! Go Sleater-Kinney!
Okay, that's enough Portlandia. The show's brilliant though, check it out! Anyway, ready for some pretties?

BHLDN (pronounced Beholden) opened its online store on Monday and everything is just gorgeous! Super expensive- but stunning. I've been looking for either a bolero or a nice sweater to wear over my dress and this one below would be amazing. I keep looking at the things on the site and thinking, "I can't wait for it to go on sale!" but seriously... it just opened. The sale would probably happen after our wedding day.


How rad are these gloves?


You can find all these products off the BHLDN website. It's addicting. I check back all the time just to look at the dresses and accessories. Don't say I didn't warn you.
Time is really winding down! We're getting married in 72 days! That's only a little over 2 months! Eek! By now, most of you guys and gals should have already received your invitations. We've received a few RSVP cards back already- it's so fun to read your messages on the cards. :) I understand there's been some confusion about the "number of guests attending" part, and we put the 1, 2, etc. there as a __ out of 1, 2, etc. are attending the wedding. With my family being so huge, we're to blame for there not being a lot of freedom in our guests bringing guests. We had to make a few exceptions because some of our friends have been with their significant others for years or we know their significant others well enough to invite them. If you have any questions or concerns about whether you can bring a guest, please get in contact with us, and we'll talk it out. :)
So, to fill out the RSVP, if it's ___/1 and you "accept with pleasure" (so cheesy), then you just fill in the 1/1. If it says ___/ 2 but only one of you are accepting with pleasure, just put in 1/2. If you can't make it, then it's simply "declines with regret." Also at the top, the M_________________ is for you to fill out your name(s). This is how you'd like your placecard to read (thanks Flowremix). It can get confusing if you don't know the customs (Americans are so weird), but that's what we're here for! Just holler at us. We can't wait to see all of you!!
Until next time,
p.s. :):)
Time is really winding down! We're getting married in 72 days! That's only a little over 2 months! Eek! By now, most of you guys and gals should have already received your invitations. We've received a few RSVP cards back already- it's so fun to read your messages on the cards. :) I understand there's been some confusion about the "number of guests attending" part, and we put the 1, 2, etc. there as a __ out of 1, 2, etc. are attending the wedding. With my family being so huge, we're to blame for there not being a lot of freedom in our guests bringing guests. We had to make a few exceptions because some of our friends have been with their significant others for years or we know their significant others well enough to invite them. If you have any questions or concerns about whether you can bring a guest, please get in contact with us, and we'll talk it out. :)
So, to fill out the RSVP, if it's ___/1 and you "accept with pleasure" (so cheesy), then you just fill in the 1/1. If it says ___/ 2 but only one of you are accepting with pleasure, just put in 1/2. If you can't make it, then it's simply "declines with regret." Also at the top, the M_________________ is for you to fill out your name(s). This is how you'd like your placecard to read (thanks Flowremix). It can get confusing if you don't know the customs (Americans are so weird), but that's what we're here for! Just holler at us. We can't wait to see all of you!!
Until next time,
p.s. :):)




No comments:
Post a Comment