February 8, 2011

Feelin' cheesy today...


photo via Ferntree Studio

What a beautiful day it was today- I heard it's supposed to be sunny and dry the rest of the week so soak it up everyone!

Last weekend was Tet, and oh my goodness there was so much food!! I think I'm still full from all the eating and drinking this past weekend. In addition to it being Tet weekend, Superbowl XLV was on Sunday, the 6th, and while it was a great game to watch, the Steelers couldn't come out with another championship. Instead, Aaron Rodgers and the Packers took home the well-deserved trophy. What a game, though... what a game. Sorry, there are no pictures. For some reason, it didn't even cross our minds that we should take pictures.


photo via pinterest

Isn't that mug awesome?? Pete and I have been looking into getting a new lens for our camera- wouldn't this get a couple blank stares as we sip our tea/coffee while taking photos?

Anyway, this past week, Pete and I were also able to get our invitations sent out, and it appears most have made it into your homes. Right now, we're working on getting the invites to our relatives on my mom's side, but I'm pretty sure most of our friends should be receiving their invitations by the end of this week. People keep commenting on how large I wrote the names and addresses. Really, it started out for the older people because, let's face it, their vision's not as good as it used to be. Then I just liked how it looked, so it stuck. Sorry if it's loud and in your face- I know you like it. :)

Pete and I are still working on a few things as far as attire goes. We're still looking for yellow bow ties and Pete is looking for a mostly all yellow tie. Everything I've found, he's shot down so it seems he knows what he's looking for. If you see a yellow tie while you're out shopping, take a picture and text it to him. When we find it, I want to stitch our initials on the inside of his tie and of my dress. Like this:


photo via Style Me Pretty

Just a little touch of love. Muahaha so cheesy. Another thing we did over the weekend was have our meeting with Father Lucas. We adore this man. Pete and I have both had our ups and downs with Catholicism, but Father Lucas makes it so easy to believe. Anyway, we have a meeting with Joanne, the church coordinator this Saturday to go over the details of the ceremony. We haven't even really considered the decor for the church. I can't speak for Pete, but I love the church the way it is naturally- without any decor. I almost feel like putting up ribbons and bows would take away the church's organic beauty. Wow, I'm so cheesy tonight. If you guys have any suggestions on what we can do, leave us a comment, or email/text us like you've been doing. We love hearing from you guys! :)


photo via LifeAsArt Photography

Something like the above photo would be too much, but it sure is pretty isn't it?


Until next time,

p.s. :):)

6 comments:

  1. Steph, nothing is ever too much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know, I made my very first tie last Christmas! It was for a special someone. The stitching is a great idea and I wished I saw this tie photo you posted. I would have stitched initials on his tie! This year, I am making ties for all men in my family as gifts. Whether it's for Bdays or special occasion, I am inspired by the idea of personal stitching! Hope you dont mind, that I am 'inspired'. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barn, you're right, but the church is so beautiful by itself. I feel like sashes and bows, etc. would make it look too tacky.

    Chi Linh, can you make bowties??? And of course I don't mind you were "inspired" because I was too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. btw Barnacle, yes I'm calling you Barn now because that's all Pete ever refers to you by, so when we talk about you, it's always Barn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steph + Pete,

    I just found this site http://www.generalknot.com/ maybe it can help you guys out? It seems to be based here in Dallas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Though, I have not made one, yes, I can pattern one and make them bow ties. :)

    ReplyDelete