photo via printerest
Over the weekend, Pete and I took our required marriage class through the Northwest Catholic Counseling Center in NE Portland. We had to fill out quite a few questionnaires, but my favorite was the "yes or no" section. I had to hold my breath a couple times to keep from laughing out loud while the entire class was quietly filling out their answers. One of the statements read, "My partner generally likes my personality. yes or no" Wouldn't YOU laugh out loud if someone were to ask you, "hey, does your husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend like your personality?" I thought so.
Well anyway, that was the gist of our weekend. We did, however, come closer to finding my wedding band. Pete and I have come to really appreciate Shane Company. The salespeople there are genuinely there to help as opposed to being there just to make the sale (F KASSAB JEWELERS), and their prices are so reasonable. We've been in and out of so many different jewelry stores, it's starting to get annoying. (You wouldn't think a girl could hate jewelry stores, would you?) Pete found his ring so easily, and I'm jealous he doesn't have to worry about it anymore. It's not that I'm trying to be difficult, I just know what I want, and I'm not finding it at the place I want to buy from, but instead from places where I want to karate chop the salespeople's heads off.
Oh well, I just have to be a little bit more patient. Time's really ticking though. I recently got a wedding countdown app for free on my phone and I checked it today and there are only 94 days left until Pete and I get married!! It doesn't sound like it's that close, but when I think about all the little projects we made for ourselves, I start to get a little light-headed.
This made me extremely happy and excited though:

Pete and I don't celebrate Valentine's Day (aka Pete's half birthday) because I've always found the holiday to be rather obnoxious, and so I've never cared about February 14 until this year! Anthropologie is coming out with a wedding line!!! While everyone else is getting dolled up and going out to dinner at an overpriced restaurant, I'm going to be sitting at home admiring BHLDN alongside my darling while he plays Madden on the ps3. I can already tell married life is going to be marvelous. We are awesome, aren't we, Darling?

photo via reform school rules
Truly, after taking the marriage class, Pete and I realized that we work really well together. We are so undeniably opposite and different that we complement (and compliment) each other so well. By the way, we learned that in a healthy relationship you should abide by a 5:1 ratio of positives to negatives. Just something to think about. :)
Hope you're all enjoying your week! Also, check out our FABULOUS photographer's blog- she posted our engagement session today! Woot woot! Sara Gray- check her out!
p.s. :):)
Hope you're all enjoying your week! Also, check out our FABULOUS photographer's blog- she posted our engagement session today! Woot woot! Sara Gray- check her out!
p.s. :):)

Man, if you were in the marriage class we were in... There really were lots of times I wanted to crack up but had to refrain from doing so. Try to sit in a class for 8 hrs, and half the time they're talking about safe sex days and ovulation.. yup... sigh....
ReplyDeleteOh gosh! Thank goodness our class didn't talk about sex for very long. I don't think my maturity level would have allowed for a productive discussion. Yes I know, immature and yet I'm getting married. Haha, sorry Pete! :)
ReplyDelete-Steph
I would prefer Anthro calling Beholden instead of their acronym...It just appears so stockholder brokerish lingo. Besides from the tacky acronym, I will admire their grandeur of dresses. I am delighted and excited for U.O.'s new line. Though I am no future bride, I will do just that on the same day as you!
ReplyDeleteUO is coming out with a new line too?? What is it called? This is dangerous... haha!
ReplyDeleteHaha! Nono...Anthro and BHLDN are sister companies of Urban Outfitters. They all are under UO. Thats what I meant. In any event. I just can't wait for the reveal on Feb 14th. Their sneak peak is such a teaser!
ReplyDeleteThere was an email today from anthro with a sneak peak! I'm holding off on getting a couple things for the wedding just in case I see something from BHLDN I like. btw, I'd prefer Beholden too. :) I can't wait to see youuuu!
ReplyDelete