Pete and I rang in the new year having dinner with our family, and then hanging out with my cousins up in NE Portland. It was so much fun, and we're so thankful for all the people and loves in our lives. It was a rough end to 2010, but we all got through it, and I can already tell 2011 will be glorious. In the meantime, here are a few photos from the NYE celebration from Chi Thuy, Chi Van, and Robert's home. I stupidly didn't get any photos of the dinner beforehand. Major fail.

We started out the night playing UNO for shots. UNO has really taken over our lives (socially anyway) and we've been fortunate enough to have awesome people to play it with. We've been playing it anywhere we can, and recruiting anyone we can. Beware, we might be jumping into your home and creating UNO chaos there too!! UNO UNO UNO!!!!

One of my favorite things about their house is their fireplace. Here's Chi Van creating one of her many roaring fires.

Warning: alcohol and BB guns (or guns in general) don't mix. Don't try this at home, kids.

Charlie was the champion at BB guns that night, and this was her champion pose.


Anh Nguyen (top) kept challenging Robert (bottom) throughout the night for shots. In the photo of Robert, you can kind of see how slanted the table was. And Anh Nguyen never questioned why the ball kept rolling into his goal without anyone hitting it... brilliant.

I love gnomes. Robert was trying to hunt, but I spotted him!
And this is how he got away...

He's blurry because he was moving so quickly!

Out came the shots! We had to redo the countdown because we forgot to pour shots for everyone.

I like this photo a lot because A. Chi Van looks super cute in her beautiful hat and scarf and B. Because in the background, you can see Anh Nguyen struggling to get the straw into his mouth.

I didn't think I was that drunk, but I had very few photos turn out clear. I like this photo, though, because you can see Chi Van and Chi Thuy's Asian eyes!

Families who drink together, pass out together.
HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!
With the new year already here, Pete and I are slowly transitioning back into wedding planning. All of the big things are booked and done, but it's more the design, style, and minor details of the wedding that we need to work on. I have my first fitting with Anna's Bridal on Thursday for my wedding dress, and I couldn't be more excited. I've seen enough of Say Yes to the Dress on TLC to know that things could go completely wrong, but all my fingers and toes are crossed for everything to work out.
Well, it's time to skidaddle. We hope you're having a great beginning to what should be a very happy new year. Welcome 2011!
p.s. :):)
With the new year already here, Pete and I are slowly transitioning back into wedding planning. All of the big things are booked and done, but it's more the design, style, and minor details of the wedding that we need to work on. I have my first fitting with Anna's Bridal on Thursday for my wedding dress, and I couldn't be more excited. I've seen enough of Say Yes to the Dress on TLC to know that things could go completely wrong, but all my fingers and toes are crossed for everything to work out.
Well, it's time to skidaddle. We hope you're having a great beginning to what should be a very happy new year. Welcome 2011!
p.s. :):)
That looked like fun. I believe it was a mistake going to Navi's instead....
ReplyDelete