November 4, 2010

We've only just begun...

... to live.
White lace and promises.
A kiss for luck, and we're on our way.
We've only begun.

Perfect song for weddings, huh? Oh yes- nothing like The Carpenters playing while I procrastinate on getting work done on this glorious Autumn day. Soak it up, folks, before the rain comes and... soaks us up... get it?

I just wanted to get the general information about our wedding on the site so that everyone is somewhat in the know. We are ordering our invitations this week, so stay tuned.

Anyway, here's the gist of it:

Pen and ink sketch by Betty Gega

Ceremony: Saint Patrick Catholic Church at 3:30pm
Address: 1623 N.W. 19th Avenue, Portland, OR 97209
Website: http://sites.google.com/site/stpatrickpdx/
Celebrant: Father Lucas Laborde


Photo taken off venuepearl.com

Reception: Venue Pearl - cocktail hour will begin at 5:30pm
Address: 323 N.W. 13th Avenue, Portland, OR 97214
Website: http://www.venuepearl.com/
Catering: Catering by Bo - http://www.cateringbybo.com/catering/

I'm not sure what other details everyone needs to know right now. We've scheduled pictures with the bride and groom (us!) prior to the ceremony around 2:00pm until about 3:00pm. So yay! Incentive for coming early! Unfortunately, we won't be doing photos as guests come into the reception, so please come to mass early! Otherwise, hopefully we can jump in and do some photos at our "photo booth" with you!

Also, we are aware that there will be an hour-ish break between the end of the ceremony and the beginning of cocktail hour, but have no fear! Our wedding is in the wonderfully unique and quirky city of Portland, where there is a plethora of coffee shops, art galleries, music shops, and bookstores- specifically Powell's! If none of these options tickle your fancy, clearly you are someone who will just need a nice cold beer. Right across the street from Venue Pearl is Rogue Ales Brewery, and two blocks down is Deschutes Brewery. There's SO MUCH to do that you'll WISH you had more time to play! Don't get lost though! Parking might be difficult to find on a Saturday evening, so I would suggest parking the car close to the venue, and then strolling by foot around the area. I may need to make a post later about what to do within that one hour. There's seriously so much to do around there.

Can I tell you a secret? When I was at Portland State for my first year in college, I would skip class and walk around Portland and escape mostly to Powell's Bookstore, sit at a coffee shop, or watch a movie. I fell in love with this city, and now I can't get out. When I was living in San Diego, I yearned for the smell of my beloved city, and all the trees were so easy on the eyes if you know what I mean. ;)

Okay, okay. I've stopped talking about the wedding, and now I've started talking about my love for my city. Peter might get jealous...

Questions or comments? Let us know!


p.s. :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment