Our engagement shoot has been postponed to this upcoming Sunday due to weather (thanks a lot, Portland) and now we're facing a slight chance of snow this week. For everything that could go wrong in the wedding planning process, this is nothing. We're a little disappointed since we were so excited for it, but once it happens, we'll be so happy.
Maybe it'll snow so hard that we can take photos like this:
There's something very delicate, pure, and sweet about snow, and it would make for beautiful engagement photos. Winter is one of my favorite seasons (really, I like every season except summer) because I find it the most romantic. Christmas especially is so romantic to me. There's nothing better than snuggling up to your loved one in front of a fireplace, next to a colorfully lit Christmas tree, with a cup of tea or hot cocoa keeping your hands warm, Nat King Cole playing in the background, and watching the Lakers get dominated by whomever they're playing that day. :)
Unfortunately, this year, they're playing the Miami Heat, and LeBron James is so cancerous to his team and the league that I have no choice but to root for the Lakers. Not to be confused, though, with being a cancer patient (thanks, KG). I can't believe LeBron is in the running for Time's person of the year award. So much more ridiculous than I can put into words.
Wow, what a tangent. Anyhow, look at these photos posted on Green Wedding Shoes. This couple took photos in their hotel room before their wedding ceremony.
photos via Green Wedding ShoesThere are very few things I love more in life than black + white photography. I hope our wedding photos turn out similar to these. We decided that we don't like too many staged photos from our professional photographer. We love the candid and natural shots. We just find them so much more intimate. We know we can't escape posing on our wedding day, but we hired someone who has a more photo-journalistic background for the sole purpose of capturing moments we'll be able to look back on and remember the emotions of our day. The photos and videos are what will last forever, and we find it so important to get out of it everything that what we want. Our photographer is fantastic and we're so fortunate and relieved to have met her. We can't wait to be able to take our photos! Please pray for better weather next weekend!
Anyhow, I thought I'd have more to say today, but my brother gave me a cold, and now all I can think about is how badly I want to crawl into bed and watch Mary Poppins. I love that woman. I'd have to go rent that though, so maybe Annie Hall will suffice. I love her too.
I'll leave you with a photo of one of my favorite engagement sessions posted on The Wedding Chicks. They used a tandem bike!! I love those! I've linked the site under the photo. You NEED to look at all the photos from this shoot. So beautiful.


Uhm... look Steter. I think you need to add some photos to your wedding party, so we know who is who. And what is Charlie doing up there?! She can only be a bridesmaid if she has Huy as an accessory walking down the aisle with her. Did that sound bad? Did I just make her baby sound like a "thing". That's rude of me. But I'm still serious.
ReplyDelete